Monday, January 29, 2007

My Mr Mobil Date

I met Mr. Mobil tonight…I have no idea what to feel. It sucks cause all I am thinking right now is… I miss Anchorman, and dumb as it seems The Hero.

Its dumb and weird…since last night I realized I DON’T CARE for Anchorman…not in the way your suppose to care…but I do want him more then Mr. Mobil and I just cant help but compare the two.

We met at a bar about halfway between the two of us. I actually arrived a little early and went inside to find a seat. I had told him earlier today that I'm low on money…and as I waiting…he calls to tell me he is outside, but… he forgot his wallet. No fuckin money. You got to be kidding me…he lives 25-40 min away, no way was he going home now…unless this first date was over before it even began. But I do wonder how you can forget your wallet… maybe he was just so nervous he walked out without it? No idea…only god knows I guess.

So he comes in and comes toward me and gives me a hug…it was sweet. He looked older then 28…maybe it’s the rough life…or maybe I am just older…and 28 looks like 28. He was so nervous. He was kind of shaking and wouldn’t look at me…but then he would and he would smile and say

“Wow, you are so beautiful”

“How can you still be single?”

“You are sooo smart”

“How has no one grabbed you by now, you must be shy, it’s the only thing”

I think he told me I was great at least 10 times. Which is great for my ego…but what do I say? This went on for the next hour and a half…2 - 2.00 bud lights and a small pizza (which could have fed one of us, let alone both). I am so low on money…that it was the only option. I wish we had only one beer to be honest…but when he said yea I’ll have another…what was a girl to do?

It kind of makes me laugh…cause yesterday a friend and I were laughing about a comment I had made during The Harvard date, “He was nice, didn’t pay... so friends it is.” What about this date? Since I’m paying for it all, let alone just mine.

Well, we talked about movies, and some TV, and other things at random…with him at times saying,”This is just what the Dr ordered, me getting out of the house.”

I tried to see if he was interested in going back to school…if it was even in his future…he seemed embarrassed to be where he is…to be Mr. Mobil. But no one can help him but him…you know?

He did say, “if you were my girlfriend, maybe things could happen…maybe things would be better and I could move onto something new.” I am not sure how I feel about that. I am not sure I want that kind of responsibility. I have such a hard time living day to day for ME, let alone someone else. And when I find someone to build a relationship with…I want someone who is strong enough to deal with himself without needing me to be that safety net for him. Does that make sense?

On my ride home my gas light came on and now, thanks to paying for dinner I have 3 bucks left until thursday. Not a good shape to be in...a little scarry... thank god a friend is going to give me some money. Thanks A...

He has already called me tonight…and came online to make sure I was ok. Interesting…makes me worry some. I told my mom and A that I might see him again, I might give him the benefit of the doubt, that maybe he was just nervous. BUT, at the same time…I don’t want to give him false hope…cause I’m not sure…I’m just not sure. I don’t know, what if he becomes to attached…calls more then he should…and I don’t know. I am just not sure what the next step with Mr. Mobil will be…I guess we shall see.

No comments: