Thursday, January 11, 2007

Kissing Frogs


I am sitting here trying to fall asleep…and my roommates phone rings, it’s her best friend…she just got engaged…

7 couples I know got engaged in the last few months. Its funny, because I have always wanted to find the one…to fall in love…get my happily ever after. But then I started dating…and for once I’m kind of happy the way I am. I am happy playing the field and seeing who’s out there. I can never say that I met and fell in love with the first guy I met. Nope, not me, not after all the frogs I’ve kissed…and I don’t see an end in site.

It sucks when I am finally happy being single and having fun, then all these people around me are falling in love. I walk through the mall and you see Ken whisper into Barbie’s ear, or as I’m driving in my new car I look in the review mirror and see him kiss her, just a little. It makes me sad…makes me want that.

I would love to find the one. Someone like the Hero, who seemed to like me for me, weight and all…even though he would never meet me. Or someone like Anchorman, but who I see and want a future with. I want someone, who will want me for me. Someone who will look at me… who I will make smile.

I think about that…think about all the friends and family of mine who are engaged and happy. Maybe…I will finally kiss enough frogs until I find the one. I am just not sure when I will be ready…

I just am scared it never will happen…


(Picture is of a journal: Kissing Frogs Personal Journal of Dating Mating Rating--I saw this and thought about its my life these days)

No comments: