Thursday, January 4, 2007

Mr Narrow

I feel bad for some people. Are they shallow? Or just missing out on life...maybe Narrow minded? I just feel bad for people who only see black and white.

I met some guy for drinks on Tuesday night--and because we didn’t have a "Spark" he doesn’t even want to be friends--I kind of feel bad for people like that---missing out on life--because they are just looking for "the one" and missing out on people that could mean something in there lives--even if its not a romantic thing.

He was nice, we had been talking online and he kept insisting we meet, which is fine…hey he seemed the type to at least pay for me to have a drink…so why not?

We met in a place not that far from my neighborhood, he was bigger then I had imagined. I am not a thin person, we all know this, but my pictures actually speak about what I look like…no changes there. Maybe it’s my not so good genes of a full face –which I say looks like miss Piggy. Friends get mad when I make this joke…but I cant help it…its what I see when I see Miss Piggy or look at myself in the mirror.

But, Mr. Narrow (We will call him that, shall we) was cute enough…had nice dimples and a nice chocolate brown eyes. The only thing is he had a feminine shape, a pear shape.
Usually men are not shaped like pears…and there is nothing wrong with this, because his dimples did make up for it. We talked a lot…although at times I felt like I was on a job interview…”tell me, what do your parents do?” “Why did you move to Boston? Atlanta? Charlotte?” What did you think of those cities?” And so on and so forth. Yea…

So we ended the date, saying we would hang out again sometime. I mean sure he’s nice, not sure if I felt a pull to jump him over the bar, but I mean hey who knows once I meet up with him again.

I come online the next morning at work, and we talk for a few minutes.

Mr. Narrow saying, “I did want to tell you I had a nice time meeting you last night, but didn't really feel a "connection" so to speak.”

ME: “that’s cool---I'm not sure either---I mean I would like to be friends”

Mr. Narrow: “well I think you are very nice but I'm not really looking for a friendship right Looking for more of a relationship”

Me: “well good luck then”

Mr. Narrow: “but it's been very nice talking to you”

I wasn’t upset that we said no more, but I felt bad for him. Look at the life he misses out on because he is only looking for ‘the one” kind of relationships. What about the laughs, and the smiles?” Friends are so much a part of my life…that I don’t know what I would do without them, so one more is something to be cherished. So, I’m sad for him not for us.

No comments: