Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Miss Piggy?




Not much is going on in the Match world. Guys look at my profile, my “portrait” and pic and decide it they want to contact me. Hardly any do…and then I wonder once again why? Was it something about me that they don’t find attractive? I wonder---am I Miss Piggy?

Then I go back to why should it matter? Why can’t someone see my smile and say, wow she isn’t a bitch like most of the other girls I date…she will treat me right. Why can’t I find Anchorman or The Hero on Match, where they will like me and want to be with me longer then the time that’s allotted for them?

I’m frustrated…when I tell friends this, they say…”KT, its only been a few days, relax…give it time.” What if I do, and 6 months go by and still I meet no one? Is that possible? Hell I guess I will get 6 free months…that’s the guarantee right?

See, this is what I’m scared of. At least with CL… I can say I’m a Big, Beautiful, Women, and guys that like BBW will respond. Where are those kind of people on Match? Do they exist? And when I see that yes, they are attracted to over weight women, then why do they not email me?

Anyway, this is where I am at with Match.com 4 nights after joining, winking at 75, emailing 20, and 38 looking back at me. Only 4 emails were sent my way…hmmm… am I a bitch? Miss Piggy? What is wrong with this picture?

4 comments:

Angie said...

4's good. you don't want them all to email you! that's the point--a narrowed search. Just like you're doing to them.

And remember, they aren't the only ones doing the choosing--you're not waiting to be picked. It's not a popularity contest... you have get to pass on people, too. It's trying to find someone you're interested in, right?

KT said...

I guess....but its not like after the 4 we have continued talking. One was to tell me hes seeing someone...and the other 3 were nice enough...but now what? Havn't heard from them...

It is a popularity contest...thats what kind of sucks...

Krissy said...

Four emails in a few days is pretty good, even if they didn't amount to anything, at least it shows that people are initially interested in you based off your ad and/or pic. You're too hard on yourself. The types of women who get dozens of emails a day are probably bimbos with zero personality...and the guys who contact them are likely lacking in personality as well or don't care about a substantial relationship. You're far too hard on yourself. It sounds like a cliche, but you'll find someone when you least expect it...and when you do, it will be special because they'll be happy to find someone that they can genuinely enjoy their time with. Just sit back, and have fun with Match. It's not worth getting upset about yet. There are people out there for everyone and things will align for you sooner rather than later. It may not happen fast...but don't give up! Even if you don't meet someone for a few months, you could end up meeting someone really great in the long run!

Anonymous said...

your def not miss piggy :) but something looks kinda weird with your eyes in that picture. sorry.