Thursday, November 16, 2006

How I met Dr Jekyl

I am going to call this one Dr Jekyl. He was pretty much the first real guy I talked to online that I clicked with and wanted to meet. I am not sure what it was about him that got past my wall that I had set up, but something about him did. This is his response to my ad, so he seemed genuine: Hello, How are you on this Sunday evening? I just read your ad on craigslist an I like what I read so I'm giving this a try I'm 31, Jewish professional from Boston area, I work west of Boston as an Accounting Manager for a brokerage firm. Things I like to do are going out with friends and coworkers, playing golf, Red Sox, movies, traveling, dinning out and shopping, I’m very easy going laid back type of guy. I'm 5''11 brown hair and eyes, clean cut too. I'm looking for someone who is easy going like myself and see where things go from there. Attach is a picture of me holding my nephew. (You couldn't even see his face.)

But at this point in the game, I decided AIM was the way to go--to find out about these people. So we IMed for hours. I should have clued in that when he wanted to know about sex, almost from the first that maybe something was a little bit off. But nope, not me--I guess I have an excuse this was one of the first guys to show an interest in me. But I was hooked, so for the next few nights we talked for hours on the phone. It was great to actually get off the computer and talk to someone real--a real voice. Even though half of his conversations were about sex, I let that go--I was thinking when he said "talk to me" he meant it. He liked ME. I was infatuated. I also didn't clue in that he talked more and more about himself. I mean I know guys like to talk about themselves, so I didn't let it get to me. But after a little while I was like--who the fuck cares about the five other girls you are talking to from Jdate. Or the whacko that did this cause she was sooo in love with you. I mean I should have known and clued in on this being a problem then, but nope--I kept on listening--and listening--and oh yea listening to him go on and on and on. I started to worry about him telling others about me, what if he was going to start telling others about me--this girl who is sooo in love with him, she calls me all the time and cant get enough of me.

He told me he lived with a roommate that traveled allot and loved where he lived and what he did. We made plans to meet on saturday night--lets go on a real date he says. We talked for hours by friday night, so the plan was to meet and get whined and dined. Once again I just laughed when he would say I think you need to just do it. "Lets Getter Done." Saturday arrives and I have heard nothing from him at this point, 12 arrives, 1, 2, 3, by 4 I decided to call him. I know I know not a good beginning. So He says, yea we are still on--Ill call you when I get back from the mall. So at 8--not 5 or 6--more like 8 or 9 he calls and says--yea lets meet, how does 9:30 sound at this bar. Ok this is when Ive decided I guess dinner is out of the picture, and something fun and exciting, but what the hell I get to finally put an image to this voice that is now in my head.

Im a nervous wreck at this point. Shit this was the first guy I had told all these deep dark secrets to, knew all these intimate things about me, what was he going to think?? God--I am not one of those girls that change my outfit 10 times, but I think I changed them a few, too much cleavage, not enough, hmmm to much leg, not enough, ooh I need a new skirt---blah blah blah and so on I went. I talked my friend A at least 10 times freaking out, saying Im nervous, what if he doesn't like me, what if he's ugly--since I haven't seen a real pic of him. I drank a drink to calm my nerves, liquid energy of course.

I am a few minutes late, but walk into the bar and see him--I know its him--only guy it could be looking at me with these beady brown eyes. He's kind of cute, he's him--once we talk I relax, this is the same guy Ive talked to for over 10 hours this week, all will be ok. So we sit have a drink, and he says want to go? I was like ahhh, ok. So we go outside and stand by my car. I had no idea what we were going to do now, because we had only been hanging out maybe an hour at this point. So we stand there, and he starts to talk. Talk and talk and talk. I have no idea what he said, it came in one ear and out the other. All I could think about hmm, what if he kisses me--do I want that--don't I want that, no clue. He talks about how his job sucks, and about what an ass his boss is, and his friend who has the same job as me and on and on and on. FINALLY I must have said something to wrap it up, cause he looks at me and says, can I have a hug. I was like uuuhhh sure. So we hug, my heart is racing thinking--oh my god this is it, he's going to kiss me. But nope, nothing, just a hug. Is this a good thing or a bad thing that he doesn't kiss me or even try to. Hmmmm what to do what to do. So I smile and go to my car and he says, Ill talk to you tomorrow ok?

No comments: