Thursday, November 23, 2006

Bug Eyes


Bug eyes I decided to email right after The Turkey blew me off. Bug eyes had emailed me a few times, or I had emailed him a time or two during the previous months. I didn't like him that much from his pics. I know thats a bad thing, but he had these eyes that just looked mean. I don't know, the lids were very swollen and they would go over his eyes, I kept thinking he looked so mean. But, after the third or forth time we got in touch with each other, I though maybe that was a sign. We talked on IM for a little bit, then came the "can we talk on the phone?" So I said, "ok that's fine"

We talked on the phone for awhile. We seemed to really connect and understand one another. He had anxiety issues too so we talked on length on that, how we both felt in certain situations. So this was great, and I kept saying, well we may not like each other once we meet..."Nooo, I think we will."

SO we decided to meet on Friday for Ice Cream. It was a nice thing, even though the week before I went there with The Turkey, but I put that out of my mind and smile my winning smile as I saw him walking across the street.

He had the same eyes, and he just kind of looked mean. Is that bad of me to say?? I was really nervous to meet him actually, I still hadn't gotten used to meeting people...and he didn't look to excited. So I get out of my car and walk towards him, we sort of do this awkward smile at each other.

We go inside, and site next to each other at the ice cream bar. NOT across from each other, but next to each other. It was better this way anyway, I didn't have to look at his eyes now. I kept thinking of Seinfeld, wondering if I was a character on the show, what would I say about Bug Eyes.

We made small talk, talking about how good the ice cream was, what the weather was like that week, hmm a sign this was not going so hot.

We end the date 45 min after it began, standing by my car, a slight odd hug, and i went my way. I knew in my gut it didn't go so great, but I kept thinking, well at the worst --we can be friends, if nothing more.

I get home and checked my email and turned on Adium. And there he was, since we lived in the same town, we both got home around the same time. He comes on IM and says hi, I say hi. We then talked about if we clicked or not. That's what I hate about IM sometimes, its so instant. So he says, "well what did you think?" I said, "Lets hang out Sunday, and see--I don't know" he then tells me he isn't attracted to me, am I mad. Well I got kind of pissed because I know i didn't like him that much, but for me so much of it is in the personality as much as the looks, i mean i could get over the eyes--he was nice enough, so yea I was pissed.

SO I tell him that we had 45 min together, how can we tell one way or another. He then gets pissed cause I said he was unattractive too. LOL...I couldn't believe what an ass he became, come on now...Then he proceeds to say, I'm cute, why don't you like me. I laughed and said, I'm cute and u don't like me, so whats the deal here.

"But, you look like Jack Osborne" he says

That set me over the edge. What an asshole...he called me a GUY...so I said this to him. He says, I didn't mean it like that...I just meant..I don't know. Whatever...

"You know, we could have at least been friends."

And that is the story of Bug Eyes. He was deleted seconds after that IM.

No comments: