Monday, February 19, 2007

Mr Artsy

I was watching Friends, where Chandler is in love with Janice and is freaking out…Rachel and Monica are giving him advice on woman and dating and games. It was funny to watch…especially since I was eating Ben and Jerry’s when Rachel handed Chandler his own pint/ It made me smile, cause I was a little down today…no real reason…just was.

I went on a good date on Friday not. It was a normal…regular speed date. No intense tension…no confusion…no asking for car rides and trying to get me to have sex within hours of meeting for the first time.

He is sweet. We met on Match. We have lots in common…he loves the arts, photo, movies, theater, wine, beer, and lots of the same things as me. Which is nice…

I’m not sure what to call him…maybe Mr. Artsy? He wasn’t what I expected…his picture was different…I thought in my head that he would be a bigger guy. But he was skinny and super tall…says 6’5” on his profile. But, he has glasses—and I do like a guy with glasses. He was cute…but I’m not sure what I feel to be honest. I wasn’t as attracted to him as guys in the past…but maybe I could be.

So we met early for dinner…that he paid for…and then we went to a gallery opening. It was interesting…we were the first to arrive, which meant we met everyone in the place by name and profession. We did get a free glass of wine…good tasty white wine too. We decided to leave as soon as the last drop was gone…heading across the street to the movie theater. We decided on a movie…that I paid for. And went to go get Margarita’s while we waited. We sat at the bar and split a pitcher. IT was fun…although at times I wondered if I talked too much. I couldn’t help myself. I hate that uncomfortable silence that happens when you sit and wait for the next topic of conversation.

We got to the movie and he held my hand. It was actually kind of cute…I wondered if he would when I saw his hand twitching slightly next to me. It was a nice night, ending with a hug at the T station, him going inbound, me going outbound.

No comments: