Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mr Artsy: 2nd time

I met up with Mr. Artsy tonight…wasn’t even a planned event actually. I was at work…needing a beer and wanting to go to trivia…what a day I had had. All my friends were busy…

So I asked Mr. Artsy to go with me…and he said yes. I picked him up at the Harvard Stop…and got lost on back roads trying to find trivia. We got there...rushed inside...and couldn’t even stand without being pushed by someone or other. It was so crowded…and no seats for 45 min…I needed a beer and now! SO, we decided to give up on trivia and go down the street.

We got to the second bar of the night and went inside…me drinking a black and blue…and him a Sam Adams. We split 1/2-price nachos and talked. Well I talked…he is a nice guy…but doesn’t talk a lot. I am not sure what to say or think about him…the silence is not too comfortable. Will it be once I spend more time with him? I am just not sure…
I just wonder what it is…
What he is thinking…
What I am thinking…
Is he bored?
Am I bored?
So this is what goes on in my head…is it anxiety…is it disinterest? I am just not sure…
He held my hand again…it was interesting…I have never had someone hold my hand at a dinner table before…and honestly I am not sure how I feel about it. I mean it was cute and sweet…but I couldn’t help but look around and wonder what other people thought of the two of us…what did I think of the two of us? What did he think?
The date ended with me driving to the T once again…I was kind of worried he was going to try for a kiss this time…but as luck would have it…the traffic was at a stand still and he was near his stop…so he offered to jump out instead of me pulling up…I took him up on his offer…his saying thanks for inviting me as he jumped out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holding hands at the table on a second date sounds a little awkward. Does he say anything when he reaches for your hand? Does he seem nervous once he is holding it?

KT said...

no, just holds it and smiles...lol