Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Out of sight, out of mind right?

Out of sight, out of mind . . . that’s the truth.

I know with Anchorman . . . we see each other on the weekends . . . that’s been the routine so far, until last Thursday night . . . when he came over and we hung out and drank too many beers . . . ending in him leaving in the morning. Then we hung out again Saturday too, so that disrupted the plans . . . the routine. And today . . . we even talked online . . . disrupted what I know and expect. So now what? Cause right now, he is not out of site like usual...and not out of my mind.

I know even with other guys in my life right now, like The Hero, I'm confused . . . I like Anchorman because he makes me feel good. And then I like The Hero because there is something about him that makes me keep holding on. I am not sure what I am holding onto though, I don’t want to hold onto something that isn’t mine to keep to begin with. I just don’t know. We were supposed to meet this week, The Hero and I, but once again he blew me off. And you know, in a lot of ways I understand, if he is in a war zone and comes home to his daughter and friends, why the hell would he want to meet me of all people in his little time he has here? But then why does my heart break off just a little more when he doesn’t even say hi when I IM or email. I took him off my AOL today, and took him off my top ten too, what can I do when I don’t hear from someone . . . I'm not going to do it anymore. If he wants to get in touch, it’s up to him I guess.

Out of site out of mind right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Katie, I'm back in Portland, and just read your recent entry. I don't really have anything to add really, but just thought I'd say hi.

dave