Thursday, December 7, 2006

Stupid Boys

I’ve talked to allot of guys in the last 6 months since I started dating. I would talk to one, he would be all interested and turned on by the idea of me and then see a photo and never talk to me again. Or what about the guy who would talk to me for weeks, and even make plans to meet up, but then the day that we were suppose to meet, he drops off the face of the earth, to never be heard from again. I have no idea where they get the brilliant bright idea to lead people on online, and maybe that does happen over time, once you get used to the idea of online. Online means nothing really, it’s this idea that maybe sounds good, but in reality it is in the end--online--NOT real.

You do start to realize that when talking to them, there personalities might be different then there real life ones, but they still have personalities non the less. And the personality --good or bad--you start to realize who they are--and know what they want and do you really want to meet this person-who ever they are.

I had the one guy that called me Nylon girl, he wanted to meet and message my feet. At first I let him think, maybe we would meet, but then after awhile, I still didn't know anything about him, except that he wanted to meet me and give me a foot massage--even though I hate feet.

Then there is Dave, we met one night online and decided to meet in person the next day, even though I warned him that I was shy. We meet in front of Quizno's around the corner from where he lives, and from the look on his face, I am def. not what he was looking for, and was he what I was looking for? Not really--I think he could have been gay--in the closet...

The first guy I ever met was at a coffee shop, and I was way late--I felt bad for the poor guy honestly, since the meeting was def. not worth the wait. I ended the coffee meeting by saying, "wow look at that, my car's time is up."

Another guy early on, who I was instantly attracted to his pics and our conversations, was a winner. So hot, even my roommate was into him. We talked on the phone a few times, and had allot in common. Our family values were similar enough to keep the conversations going. We decided to meet one night, him meeting me at a bar with friends, as I am sitting at Cherry Tree, time just keeps on moving on, 10-10:30-11-11:30, and no phone call, and a no show...

And then there is the guy that I talked to for a few weeks, on and off IM. We decided to meet at the movies one afternoon (the same afternoon as the turkey). We went to the movies, he was nice enough, ok looking, he was suppose to be 28--my age, but looked 36. Hmm--I still wonder about that. We get into the movie, and he holds out his hand for me to hold. Not to bad, different, but what am I going to do--say no? So we watch Talladega Nights holding hands like we were 13 on a first date. We part ways after a nice hug, and talked a few times after. I was open to dating him again, if only he would ASK me. He would call just to say hi, never asking, he would text me--"hugs!” ":)", "Miss you" after awhile, I just got annoyed with this, it cost me money to get text, fucking call and ask me out if you want to go out!

Luwey was nice enough, just not much driving him. Not sure how we started talking, but somehow we did. We met at the bar by my house, and at dinner--drank a few drinks. Me laughing and trying to make conversation, he was a little dry. Reminded me of a surfer dude, or a Vermont pot head..."you know what I mean man..." We went back to my place after dinner, since we were so close, and he kissed me... we went to my room and made out for a little bit. It was nice; he was nice, just not much up there...or down there. Just kidding...

I’m trying to remember the others I’ve met, both online and off. There have been a few as you have noticed, but it’s the ones that get past my defenses that hurt the most. I have met a few that I wonder if they are married or not, I have no idea why they never insist on meeting face to face. Or the guys that just want friends with benefits...what is the point of that. Isn’t fooling around with a friend make him more then a friend, not sure what that title is, but it definitely means more then friends. Then there are the guys that only want sex, nothing else, even the married ones that say, well hell--at least I'm honest with ya. But what about being honest with your wife? Online dating and meeting is interesting, and its all in the personality and not taking it to seriously… that’s what I have to tell myself whenever someone new breaks another chip off this heart of mine. Because at the end of the day, they are all just stupid boys.

No comments: