Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sick!

It was 6:30… and I had another date with Mr. Friday… it had been almost a week… and we had plans for dinner. I was excited actually…even put makeup on for the occasion.

As I was coming up to where my car was suppose to be…I realized it was missing… ”what the hell?” I started to freak…was it stolen? Towed? But why would it have been towed?

As I was looking around… I noticed another car being towed at the other end of the street. I walked to the copper sitting there watching… and asked him where my car was…and why had it been towed? I didn’t have it registered! It was the 6th! And it was towed from being 6 days late?

I called Mr. Friday and told him I couldn’t meet him after all… I was kind of freaking out to be honest… and was trying to stay calm. He was all stuffed up and coughing due to a cold… but offered to pick me up when he caught the hysteria bubbling near the surface. I felt bad, so I said “no you are sick… I can just figure it out.” He said, “no, I can come and bring you to your car. Where are you now?”

In a nutshell… I had to register my car before picking it up… but since it was after 7… I wasn’t sure it would go through. I went to the towing place… and as I was getting out, MR Friday asks if I was ok now? I said sure, I can cab it if I can’t get it… and he proceeds to say, no I can come in… let me go around the block. I couldn’t pick up my car without having the proper registration… they had to call the police to see if it went through… basically it wouldn’t until someone could process it.

I went upstairs, grabbed stuff from my car, and got back into his jeep. I started directing him home… he had said earlier that he wasn’t feeling good enough to even eat. As we were driving by some restaurants, I said “are you sure you don’t want to eat something?” He decided to pull into one after all… we had another nice time… him trying not to cough and me trying not to feel to bad. I decided to pay for dinner as a thank you… and he then drove me home.

As we were pulling up to my place…he says “I don’t want to kiss you goodnight because I don’t want you to get sick…” I smiled and said “ok, thanks again” him saying “thanks for dinner.”

So I guess we are still seeing each other… since he mentioned a kiss and helped me out when he really didn’t have to. It was nice and sweet that he helped… and obviously wanted to see me even though he wasn’t feeling well. I think the whole night actually made me like him more… just because for once I had someone I could count on… even for just that night. So… that is that… not sure when I will see him again… but I am assuming it will be sometime next week… since I have other plans this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things sort of worked out...that car towing stuff is bullshit.

Anonymous said...

Oops. Too bad they didn't just ticket you. Driving an unregistered car is serious business.

Anonymous said...

Why are you surprised that you got towed for having an unregistered car? Driving an unregistered car is illegal. It doesn't matter if it's one day or a year. If it's not registered you shouldn't be driving it. I can understand forgetting to get it inspected but you get reminders to get it registered and you can even do it over the phone, through mail or online.

That said, it sucks that it happened on the day of your date. Mr Friday sounds so sweet. I like him more and more with each blog post.

Hope you had a great weekend and keep us posted on Mr. Friday. He sounds like a keeper.