Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A hard question to ask...

This week has been another roller coaster ride... why? Cause I think I make drama... well not exactly I suppose... but more I am never sure of someone I am dating. So I go from "oh my god, he actually likes me" to "are you kidding? Why would he?" to " Ok, he likes me today... but for how long?" Yep... I know I am nuts... but it is RUNNING through my head! Ha

On Monday I texted him, asking if he would have dinner with me on my birthday, which was the following Monday. He didn’t respond for over an hour... and I'' get into this in a sec, but... I was kind of freaking... wondering what he would think about this... for one its my birthday... meaning it is a special occasion... but he finally texted back... saying "Of course! Do you know where you want to go!”?

FEW!! I was calm again... until the following day... sexual things have started to develop... and after the response to this question... "Have you been tested?" He responded with a laugh, “No. Every girl I have been with is clean." I finally sent an email:

"I wanted to bring this up before it’s to late and I feel like we shouldn't have this conversation in public or in the heat of the moment... I would prefer it if both of us were tested before we do go this route. I know I mentioned it the other night... and you said you thought you were safe... and you prolly are.... just I would be more comfortable knowing for sure... do you understand?"

He did email back soon after saying that was fine... just not sure what he needed to do... since he hadn’t been to a dr since college. Yikes! I responded saying I could go with him or here are some options where they do testing!

I never heard back... so today I was doing my normal worrying... and was tempted to call on my way to dinner... but I held off... decided to wait...

He called me! I didn’t answer, cause I was at dinner with friends... but he did leave a message... and I did text back hoping he might still be awake. He wasn't :(

It is so interesting… the way dating is today. A few years ago… when a guy wanted to talk to you, he called you on the phone. Then came along email… which can be faster or longer… depending on the situation. Then there is texting and IMing… where it is once again instant… and someone can respond immediately… but when they don’t… you wonder why? BUT in reality someone is probably busy… and most likely will get to it when they can.

SO… I am just venting… cause that is how I am… and I hopefully will see Mr. Friday on Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, there's texting and email, but there is nothing stopping you from just calling him. (Aside from your insecurities, but that's a whole other enchilada)

It sounds like things are going well. I hope you are able to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Well, its good to hear that you two are discussing these issues. You might want to be sure you are completely monogamous before you abandon the condoms though. At this point it seems a wee bit early to be letting him raw dog it.

Anonymous said...

How did Friday w/ Mr. Friday go?