Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I am sorry

I feel bad that people think I dont like feedback and advice...I really really do...I just am trying to tell everyone that reads this...that I am working on trying to figure things out. YES...as someone has said...I know I need to take action...and I just want you all to know I have been. I have been trying...but I am just not sure what action to take to make me STOP over thinking and STOP the feelings I get when someone tells me that my teeth are to small or say or do something that hurts my feelings. I have been going to therapy...and I wish to god I knew how to stop my thoughts from over analyzing and worrying about why he broke it off rather then move on. I do move on but I also do know I worry about why...and what did I do. I worry about what people think of me...what I said...how I said it...how I sounded and that the words were like...this is stuff I KNOW I need to turn off...and I have been 50% of the time...its more how do I do that when I am trying to sleep...or when I am driving through a stop sign...I jsut am not sure how to turn it off...mental pictures only work so much...cause it seeps in again.

I also know I throw pity or what not around and the way I must sound...but allot of times I write when I am frustrated or upset and you are hearing the flood from within...and when I am happy and excited...I dont write about those moments. Anyway...I hope you all know that I do like feedback and advice...its more that I wanted you to also know this is hard on me and something I have been taking action on...and need allot of help to get me to where I need to be...and I love this blog...because it gets so much of the thoughts out in the open...and yes I like the advice people have to offer...I just wanted you all to know.

Thanks again...and I am sorry if you took it the wrong way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Update please!!!! Miss your posts.

Anonymous said...

Don't be sorry if someone else misinterpreted you... that's their problem not yours.

By the way, you're not special. Before you get too concerned, what I mean is, everyone over analyses stuff like this (relations between guys and gals)...so stop beating yourself up over it. It's a delicate balance between being open enough to be yourself, and being strong enough to not be shattered by the idea that someone might not be that into 'you'. Some people are better bouncing back from rejection than others, but you know what, some people are naturally better at swimming than others...that doesn't mean you can't work at being a better swimmer. So It's tough, but that's just the way it works. The idea is the more you play, the better you get at the balance, still be you, but don't take it so much to heart, and don't obsess– just focus on the here and now, and what you want from the future.

Don't get sucked into the trap of 'I wonder if I'd done...xyz, if it would have turned out differently'. Force yourself to focus on now, on what you want in the future, not the past. Make decisions, decide what you want, and go after it. If you don't get it, keep trying until you do.

You have been taking action, now's not the time to stop and worry about other people misinterpreting you.

Keep working at it, you're doing a good job.