Sunday, July 1, 2007

Will it happen when I least expect it?

I went to see the movie "Broken English", Broken English (2007) is about: Nora Wilder is freaking out. Everyone around her is in a relationship, is married, or has children. Nora is in her thirties, alone with job she's outgrown and a mother who constantly reminds her of it all. Not to mention her best friend Audrey's "perfect marriage". But after a series of disastrous dates, Nora unexpectedly meets Julien, a quirky Frenchman who opens her eyes to a lot more than love.

It was funny to watch her...it creeped me out some to be honest...it was like looking into a mirror...except that she was super thin where i am the exact opposite. But it was creepy...it was like someone read my life history or maybe some of this blog...because it was so true. I guess the best part was that everyone around her was constantly asking her about a boyfriend or when she was going to find someone...i feel like that. I feel like people pity me instead of wanting to set up on blind a date...my luck sucks in that realm i think.

I'm bored and lonely though. I feel like 90% of the people I know are in relationships and are so happy...I hate when people tell you...just wait, it will happen when u least expect it....but how can that be...I have been aloof for 27 years....but in the last year I have put myself out there and have had more action in 9 months then I have had in all my other years combined... but I have been out there...so what if I go into hiding again which I kind have been doing. I have been escaping back to the old me..the one who looks at my crush whoever he may be at the moment and just let him be a crush. I don't make a move to move the crush into something else...which I will Wake up in 5 years not even remembering his name or I will regret never saying anything or never making it obvious. I d make it more obvious then I have in the past...but when i start to make a step forward I pause and take two steps back. I call and leave a few text messages...but when I hear nothing...that stops me from doing anything more...cause if he was interested wouldn't I know it?

Or what about Mr Match and I...who I watched movies with for hours on end with today...and who is sweet enough to remember the little details of my life that even some of my closest friends forget to ask about. I am not sure what I feel there...because is it who he could represent? I wish I could make a move and kiss him just to see...but what if I then lose someone who could be an amazing friend.

I just feel like when everyone around me is hooked up or are in the processof hooking up and once again I am the third wheel...I get kind of pissed and of course sad. More because I want what they have...and I'm sick of being the third wheel all the time...even if I like being single and being by myself...the twinges arrive when i see secrets exchanged...and smiles passed across a room...when I see it I want it...

I guess I have to have faith that it will happen when I least expect it...but the true question is: will it happen when I least expect it?

No comments: