Friday, April 20, 2007

420-421

Well, I had to cancel my date…had to work…of course the more nervous I got today…the more I knew I would have to go in…

I called and left a message with him…I think I’m scared to be honest cause I kind of like him…or do I like the idea of him? I don’t know…as usual.

I miss my friend Mr. Festive too…as crazy as that may sound…I feel like us kissing the other night ruined what friendship we had…or maybe I’m just super paranoid…cause that is the case sometimes…and I have never been the girl to loose control before…and lately---I am just not sure who I am to be honest with ya.

But Mr. Match did call me back…and we rescheduled for tomorrow night…although he wanted tomorrow afternoon…I am not sure why…he didn’t say…but I cant because I have to work…so tomorrow at 8 it will have to be.
1. Maybe he isn’t all the interested—A matinee is less intimate…or maybe I just don’t know either way…. cause when we were hanging out…there were vibes that yes he was into me…so maybe he is just shy on the phone and IM???
2. Maybe he had plans to do something else and will now have rescheduled those?
3. Maybe he just couldn’t wait to see me…
4. Maybe an early movie would be cheaper…since he has a low budget?
5. Maybe I am stupid for even putting this much thought into something as small as this.

Ok, here is the other thing…he sort of bought me drinks the other night…but I think that was more because I didn’t have enough money to cover mine…since this place only took cash. Or he saw me reach for my money…so he thought why not just let her pay?

I don’t mind paying my own way…who says that men have to pay for women? The only time that seems nice is when I am poor or it was a shitty time and they deserve to pay me for spending time with them…but I can see a guy who is just making 30K a year not having the budget to pay 2 meals let alone one.

I liked him…enough to let money not be a concern…hell I would even pay a time or two if we traded me this time…you the next.

Just as long as I get to hang out with and spend time together…who cares where we are and what we are doing…but see that’s when I worry about getting into another Anchorman situation…so I don’t want to share these thoughts with him right off that bat. Cause I do want to be appreciated and respected enough to go out from time to time.

And that is another thing… I worry that if he never ever pays my way does that mean that I don’t matter? I wonder about this…not necessarily with just Mr. Match…but with any guy who takes me out…if they don’t pay are they being
• Disrespectful?
• Rude?
• Not interested?
• 2007 guy
• Someone who likes you but just can’t afford to pay?
• What does it all mean? I have asked this a few times…some pay and some don’t…not sure why or when its going to happen and what it means.
Anyway…enough ramblings on this 420… well now 421.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I firmly believe a guy should pay on the first few dates no matter what. Once you get into a relationship then it becomes more of a you pay for some things and they pay for somethings type of arrangement. The thing I CANNOT deal with, however, is a guy not opening the door for you. That is a deal breaker in my book. It is a sign of respect and forr them not to do it makes me angry. It's free and it's just courteous. And now I will step down off my soapbox.