Monday, September 14, 2009

What about you?

Think about it... why does being single have to suck? Because people assume that what makes you happy is being with someone else. But does it really have to suck?

But then people say that you have to love yourself to be truly happy.

But how do you know you are ok with yourself? I am sitting at a coffee shop beside this couple. When I first sat down I hear their conversation... I assumed they didn’t know each other very well... the way they responded to one another other. She seemed annoyed with everything he was saying... he sounded like he didn’t know what to talk about so he just kept talking. Until they mention their wedding... hmmm... wedding? And they talk like that to each other? If they asked themselves if they were truly happy right now what would they say? I honestly think about it... I really truly do not think they are.

Now they are talking about moving in together. Arguing... him saying that she doesn’t know how she feels about moving in.
“I'm gonna miss that place...”
“Why.” he asks? “It’s going to be fun! What about missy... you’re going to miss her?"
And then she says, just... stuff... we have no stuff"

Oh my god, it is going on and on... are they really enjoying themselves?

I for once can say I think I am happier right now. I just had as great cup of coffee and my all time favorite breakfast... fruit, yogurt, and granola. I am writing... working... just enjoying my day... honestly. And they are sitting there arguing... discussing... and god it just didn’t sound like either were honestly truly happy?

Why do they think they are happy? Because everyone around them is looking at them and thinking... wow look at that cute couple over there. Ooooh they are planning there wedding... how cute!

But... who the heck cares what that person thinks... They will never see them again... who cares but what you two think... seriously.... who cares but the two of you... what are you feeling right now? Wouldn’t you rather be alone... reading... writing... watching... and listening... rather then arguing, sighing, rolling your eyes, twitching, looking anywhere but at each other. Yea I think I know what I would say!

What about you?

No comments: