Saturday, January 17, 2009

30 and loving it!

I never did hear back from Mr Joe... the guy from last Saturday night... he texted me something mid week which didn't make sense, so I texted a huh? He followed with a "sorry, was deleting old texts and must have clicked send." and that was all folks!

Its fine... I wasn't feeling it either way... but he was divorced and had a son... he talked some about her... the ex... and it was interesting... because truth be told... I was his ex! Obviously not literally... but she was a designer too... and she was liked to move around... after a few years she gets restless. That scared me some... not that there was something wrong with her... it was more that maybe I wasn't right for him... Mr Joe that is. I would have reminded him of his ex and that would not be good... for either of us.

I have been thinking about my crush and just single guys in general. When you meet someone off the Internet... you KNOW its a date. You are both looking for the same thing. But when you meet someone through friends or through work... how do you show that you could be interested without being to obvious? I don't want to be desperate and needy... and I don't want to be talked about behind my back. I know it happens... as it happens with friends... but I am interested but I am not desperate. I feel like if someone wants me they can come and get me. But then I wonder when I do this... will he think I am not interested at all? SO what is that fine line? Because I don't want to overwhelm and look like an ass and at the same time if some single guy is shy I don't show enough interest... he may think I'm just not all that into him!

So... just a thought I've had in general these days... I guess because I am trying to not worry about meeting the perfect guy right now... I just want to have fun with it... I am trying to live up to my resolutions and really just enjoy being me and single. 30 and loving it! I guess as it always has... I worry about people thinking I'm to much of a flirt or just worry about people laughing at me... I hate that I care... but somehow I do!