Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Lady

I feel like I have a child... I got her in November ... and man people are right ... you do have to be prepared to get a puppy ... and she wasn't even the 8 week kind ... she was a year or so they thought kind. I went to visit my dad over thanksgiving ... it was a family event ... the first time in years that the four of us + my sister and law ... we drove from rescue to rescue until we found the one... I made the decision to go and “look”... Until then I felt as though I couldn't get a dog... I couldn't cause most of my roommates did at one time or another ... and how would I be home enough ... roommates of my past used me as usually as a second or even third parent figure (is that even what its called- a parent?) How could I take care of a dog all alone? BUT ... when I was put into the situation ... how could I have said no? My brother has two labs, my mom one and my dad and his new life has a golden and a spaniel ... so how could I have said no? I wanted someone ... something to make the part in my tummy that is like a hunger pain go away... the feeling that you are 32 with nothing ... yes a job.... But no one besides the kit kat ... my family ... the people closest to me knew ... they knew ... they saw it in my eyes ... heard it in my voice when I say ha... I’m fine!

Sooo ... they got me a dog ... she has become my life ... my lady! I love and hate it if truth be told ... but isn't that life? The good with the bad? I love having her see me and treats me as it I am everything she lives for... I love how after a shitty day ... that she can make me laugh at the deepest part of myself... I love that I met more people in five weeks of having her then I had in the six months previously. I like having a reason to go for a walk ... even in a blizzard with the wind wiping off the waves.... I love how cute she is ... we won’t mention how she won’t listen and how I have to keep up with being in control ... making myself have a tone ... making myself have a backbone. We won’t mention that she eats kids lunches and acts though I am yelling just for the fun of it... I love how she tunes me out as though she was a child. I love how I have an excuse to bail out of things or gives me an excuse to get a hotel rather then crash on someone's couch. I love the company on the long car rides to Vermont.... I love when she looks up at me as if she is Jillian from the Biggest Loser ... come on get your ass moving ... this is as fast as you can go? I love when she eats raw fish at 7 in the morning and almost kills the birds-or thinks she will.... I love and hate many things ... but I thank god she was put here ... with me ... that I chose her rather then another... I am not sure I can go back to before her...

So as I bitch about her from time to time on these posts ... remember everything I say comes with another side ... the side I forget to mention when I am in a mood.

No comments: