Monday, March 3, 2008

Home by 10:30

I went out with Mr Red on Saturday night. I wasn't expecting this to be a date as much as just getting some drinks with a friend. I told him to text or call and let me know the plans...

He said around 8 and he would text...and then 8 rolls around Saturday night and nothing...then at about a quarter past I get an email and a text saying he was running late...he will be there at 8:30.

I was kind of annoyed...but gave him the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe he thought when i said call or text he meant as he was leaving...as since I didn't have plans...since he technically was my plans...I went along for the ride...or walk...since it was just down the street.

I got there...and it was the same as the last time I met him...kind of awkward...I actually kind of wondered what I was doing there...since he kind of seemed like he would have rather been anywhere but there. He proceeds to text for the next few minutes as I am looking at the dinner menu. He finally puts the phone away. I think that someone who uses there phone during dinner is one of the rudest things...unless there is a reason...but he didn't tell me either way.

We finally ordered wine...and as the wine loosened the tongue we started talking about the economy and politics...religion and anything else that we could think of. The conversation flowed well enough...but we still had those uncomfortable silences. After dinner...we walked out...him asking me what his options were in response to whats next.

I said...the bar down the street...driving somewheres else...or my place to watch TV or something...he says nope I don't like TV...and Ill be honest I didn't want him over anyway...but wanted to be nice and ask...so he then says well I have an early day tomorrow...so Ill be seeing you.

SO...as you can see...that might be the last time I see him...maybe we will run into each other somewhere at some point...but it was just an uncomfortable night all the way around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is your email still the same?
D

Anonymous said...

run from him! red flags all the way around. i can relate!